Dallas County Appraisal District Employee Summary – 2021
Did you know that labor accounts for most of Dallas CAD's expenses? Dallas CAD pays 242 employees, including 100 appraisers (2021). Even still, the Dallas CAD budget saw a 34% increase to $29 million, up from $21 million.
Dallas CAD is required to value more than 844,000 tax parcels to value. This presents an incredible opportunity to appeal property descriptions, valuation models, comparable sales, or assessent comparables. Did you know that tax appeals in property save property owners in Dallas up to $663 million every year?Are You Getting Your Share?
Up to 65% of commercial property owners appeal their property value every year. The likelihood of a successful appeal is up to 85%, but only 22% of home owners appeal. No account is too small to appeal. If you enroll in the Property Tax Protextion Program, you won't face fees, upfront costs, or missed deadlines.
Dallas County Appraisal District Employee Summary
|DallasCAD Personnel or Full Time Equivalents||FTE|
|Number of Full-Time Staff||242|
|Number of Full-Time Appraisers||100|
|Tax Parcels per Appraiser||8,445|
|Number of Residential Appraisers||44|
|Number of Commercial Appraisers||20|
|Full-Time Staff for Exemptions||NA|
|Full-Time Staff for ARB||NA|
|Full-Time Staff for Mapping||NA|
|Full-Time Staff for IT||NA|
|Full-Time Staff for Customer Service||NA|
|Full-Time Staff for Administration||NA|
|DallasCAD Reported salaries||Annual salary|
|Median Salary for RPA Appraiser||$68,058|
|Highest Salary for RPA Appraiser||$81,569|
|Defined Benefit Plan?||Yes|
Property owners seeking to enroll in the
Property Tax Protection Program™
Attention Property owners seeking to enroll for the 2021 property tax season:Please DO NOT sign up on line. Please contact customer service at(877)482-9288 or (713)290-9700 to speak with one of our customer support representatives so that we may assist you with your protest.
Property Tax Protection Program™ Benefits
- No flat fees or upfront costs. No cost ever unless your property taxes are reduced.
- All practical efforts are made every year to reduce your property taxes.
- Never miss another appeal deadline.
- Property taxes protested for you annually.
- You do not have to accept the appraisal district's initial guesstimate of value.
- We coordinate with you regarding building size / condition to avoid excess taxes.
- Free support regarding homestead exemptions.
- Some years are good - typically 6 to 7 out of 10 will result in tax reduction for you.
- The other 3 to 4 years out of 10 we strike out. Most often due to people issues in the hearing process. Some years we get an easy appraiser at the informal; some years someone who is impossible to settle with.