Sec. 152.003. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) “Service” means the Texas A&M Forest Service.
(2) “Forest pests” means native insects and diseases, nonnative invasive insects and diseases, and noxious and invasive plants included on a list under Section 71.151, Agriculture Code, that are harmful, injurious, or destructive to forests or trees and whose damage, if uncontrolled, is of considerable economic and environmental importance.
(3) “Forest land” means land with at least 10 percent cover by live trees of any size, including land that formerly had that amount of tree cover and will be naturally or artificially regenerated, but does not include land within the incorporated limits of a village, town, or city.
(4) “Forest” means the standing trees on forest land.
(5) “Control” means prevent, retard, suppress, eradicate, or destroy.
(6) “Infestation” means actual infestation or infection at conditions beyond normal proportion causing loss to forests.
(7) “Landowner” and “owner” mean a person who owns forest land or has forest land under the person’s direction irrespective of ownership.
(8) “Forest owner” means a person who owns the standing trees on forest land, either by a present right or by a future right under the terms of a valid existing contract.
(9) Repealed by Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 859 (H.B. 2567), Sec. 17, eff. September 1, 2017.
Acts 1977, 65th Leg., p. 2647, ch. 871, art. I, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1977.
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 859 (H.B. 2567), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2017.
Acts 2017, 85th Leg., R.S., Ch. 859 (H.B. 2567), Sec. 17, eff. September 1, 2017.