DEFINITIONS. (a) In this chapter:
(1) “Correctional facility” means:
(A) a place described by Section 1.07(a)(14), Penal Code; or
(B) a secure correctional facility or secure detention facility, as defined by Section 51.02, Family Code.
(1-a) “Department” means the Department of Public Safety.
(2) “Director” means the public safety director.
(3) “Driver’s license” means an authorization issued by the department for the operation of a motor vehicle. The term includes:
(A) a temporary license or learner license; and
(B) an occupational license.
(3-a) “Federal judge” means:
(A) a judge of a United States court of appeals;
(B) a judge of a United States district court;
(C) a judge of a United States bankruptcy court; or
(D) a magistrate judge of a United States district court.
(4) “Gross combination weight rating” has the meaning assigned by Section 522.003.
(5) “Gross vehicle weight rating” has the meaning assigned by Section 522.003.
(6) “License” means an authorization to operate a motor vehicle that is issued under or granted by the laws of this state. The term includes:
(A) a driver’s license;
(B) the privilege of a person to operate a motor vehicle regardless of whether the person holds a driver’s license; and
(C) a nonresident’s operating privilege.
(6-a) “Motorcycle” includes an enclosed three-wheeled passenger vehicle that:
(A) is designed to operate with three wheels in contact with the ground;
(B) has a single, completely enclosed, occupant compartment; and
(C) at a minimum, is equipped with:
(i) seats that are certified by the vehicle manufacturer to meet the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 207, 49 C.F.R.