DEFENSE ECONOMIC READJUSTMENT ZONE
SUBCHAPTER A. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Sec. 2310.001. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) “Bank” means the Texas Economic Development Bank established under Chapter 489.
(1-a) “Defense worker” means:
(A) an employee of the United States Department of Defense, including a member of the armed forces and a government civilian worker;
(B) an employee of a government agency or private business, or an entity providing a department of defense-related function, who is employed on a defense facility;
(C) an employee of a business that provides direct services or products to the department of defense and whose job is directly dependent on defense expenditures; or
(D) an employee or the private contractor employed by the United States Department of Energy working on defense or department of an energy facility in support of a department of defense-related project.
(2) “Defense worker job” means a department of defense authorized permanent position or a position held or occupied by one or more defense workers for more than 12 months.
(3) Repealed by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 814, Sec. 6.01(8).
(4) “Nominating body” means the governing body of a municipality or county, or a combination of the governing bodies of municipalities or counties, that nominates and applies for designation of an area as a readjustment zone.
(4-a) “Office” means the Texas Economic Development and Tourism Office.
(5) “Qualified business” means a person certified as a qualified business under Section 2310.302.
(6) “Qualified employee” means a person who:
(A) works for a qualified business; and
(B) performs at least 50 percent of the person’s service for the business in the readjustment zone.
(7) “Readjustment zone” means an area designated as a defense economic readjustment zone under this chapter.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 114, Sec. 1, eff. May 19, 1997. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 814, Sec. 3.27, 6.01(8), eff. Sept. 1, 2003.
Sec. 2310.002. JURISDICTION OF MUNICIPALITY. For the purposes of this chapter, territory in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of a municipality is considered to be in the jurisdiction of the municipality.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 114, Sec. 1, eff. May 19, 1997.
SUBCHAPTER B. DEPARTMENT POWERS AND DUTIES RELATING TO ZONES
Sec. 2310.051. GENERAL POWERS AND DUTIES. (a) The bank shall administer and monitor the implementation of this chapter.
(b) The bank shall establish criteria and procedures for designating a qualified area as a readjustment zone and for designating a defense readjustment project.
(c) The office shall adopt rules necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
Added by Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 114, Sec. 1, eff. May 19, 1997. Amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 814, Sec. 3.28, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.