Local Appraisal District
Property Tax Protection Program™
Street Address: 509 Montgomery St. Dickens, TX 79229-9999
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 180 Dickens, TX 79229-0180
Major Cities: Spur, Dickens
Dickens County Texas totals 905 square miles, with a 2018 population of about 2,211. Adjacent counties include Motley, King, Kent, Crosby, Garza, Floyd, Cottle, Stonewall County. The total market value of real property and personal property in Dickens County in 2018 was $2,025,600,0000. Dickens County 2018 property taxes are estimated to total $0.28 billion, based on an effective tax rate of 2.4% including homestead exemptions. Dickens County property owners protested the noticed value for 7 houses and 194 commercial and BPP properties. Dickens County Appraisal Review Board appeals were successful for 0% of the owners. Property owner property tax protests in Dickens County results in savings of $2 million in 2018, or $9,950 per account protested. The 2018 budget for the Dickens was $187,400, including 1 employee.
2019 County Appraisal District Statistics
2018 County Appraisal District Statistics
2017 County Appraisal District Statistics
2016 County Appraisal District Statistics
ENROLL TODAY In the Property Tax Protection Program™
Your property taxes will be aggressively protested every year by the #1 property tax firm in the county. If your taxes are not reduced you PAY NOTHING, and a portion of the tax savings is the only fee you pay when your taxes are reduced! Many FREE benefits come with enrollment.
Dickens County Property Tax Appraisal
O’Connor is the leading representative for the Dickens County property owners because:
- For over 20 years, O’Connor has provided property tax consulting services in the Dickens County and has continuously produced results.
- O’Connor is the most aggressive property tax consultant.
- We know the processes and appropriate contacts at Dickens County.
- Our experience has allowed us to compile sales and unequal appraisal data consistent with the format expected by the Dickens County and the Dickens County Appraisal Review Board.
Why choose O’Connor?
- We do not charge any fees for market value reductions, unless we reduce your property taxes.
- We take the fight to the Dickens County for you every year, whether your value is up, down or does not change.
- We are the nation’s largest property tax consulting firm.
- For the 2015 tax year, the firm lowered assessed value by more than $1.8 billion, resulting in estimated tax savings of around $49 million* on behalf of its residential and commercial clients. Already increasing in 2016, the firm has filed more than $2.2 billion and 185,000+ protests of assessed value, reducing client taxes by $60 million*.
*Based on average tax rate of 2.7 percent.
Spur, Dickens homeowners, commercial property owners and business owners hire O’Connor for property tax appeals because of our consistent results and aggressive attitude. Our property tax consultants have the experience in the Dickens County to reduce Spur, Dickens property tax assessments.
O’Connor is uniquely aggressive and effective in reducing property taxes by:
- Being an effective taxpayer advocate for change, including introducing unequal appraisal and forcing to provide hearing evidence packages when requested by taxpayers.
- Achieving almost double the amount of tax savings compared to other commercial property tax consultants.
- Protesting every property, every year.
- Preparing for informal and formal hearings at an elite level.
- Aggressively seeking settlements at the informal hearing process.
- Aggressively attending and presenting evidence at appraisal review board (ARB) hearings (attending more ARB hearings than the next 10 largest firms combined).
- Uniquely continuing the appeal process beyond the ARB and assertively coordinating lawsuits for property owners.
- Pioneering the use of binding arbitration to achieve equitable results for owners of homes and small commercial properties not able to pursue a judicial appeal.
- Providing contingency fee services to clients regardless of property value as part of our mission to help property owners.
Research Tip: A great resource to search Dickens County commercial property valuations.
They have in depth valuation stats on all commercial properties.