Sec. 1151.164. CHIEF APPRAISER TRAINING PROGRAM.
(a) The department shall implement a training program for newly appointed chief appraisers and shall prescribe the curriculum for the training program as provided by this section.
(b) The training program must provide the appointee with information regarding:
(1) this chapter;
(2) the programs operated by the department;
(3) the role and functions of the department;
(4) the rules of the commission, with an emphasis on the rules that relate to ethical behavior;
(5) the role and functions of the chief appraiser, the appraisal district board of directors, and the appraisal review board;
(6) the importance of maintaining the independence of an appraisal office from political pressure;
(7) the importance of prompt and courteous treatment of the public;
(8) the finance and budgeting requirements for an appraisal district, including appropriate controls to ensure that expenditures are proper; and
(9) the requirements of:
(A) the open meetings law, Chapter 551, Government Code;
(B) the public information law, Chapter 552, Government Code;
(C) the administrative procedure law, Chapter 2001, Government Code;
(D) other laws relating to public officials, including conflict-of-interest laws; and
(E) the standards of ethics imposed by the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
(c) Repealed by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 450, Sec. 41(17), eff. September 1, 2009.
Added by Acts 2005, 79th Leg., Ch. 1111 (H.B. 2382), Sec. 1, eff. June 18, 2005.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 450 (H.B. 2447), Sec. 30, eff. September 1, 2009.
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 450 (H.B. 2447), Sec. 41(17), eff. September 1, 2009.